Go Girls! is a group mentoring program for girls ages 12-14 that focuses on physical activity, balanced eating and self-esteem. The single, most important goal of the program is to positively shape the lives of young women and girls by helping them build a positive self-image - setting them on a path to reach their full potential in life.
The Go Girls! program consists of 7 mentoring sessions, held over a 7 week period. Each 1.5 hour-long session is loosely structured around four themes: physical activity, healthy eating, self-esteem, and communication skills.
The program strives to do the following:
- create appreciation for the benefits of an active, healthy lifestyle
- build understanding of what constitutes healthy eating habits and the risks associated with eating disorders
- promote the importance of positive mental activity and regular physical exercise
- encourage awareness of core values, personal interests, strengths and attributes
- support the development of leadership and life skills
- offer guidance in establishing and maintaining friendships
- and above all, make a difference.
Sessions are led by 2 to 3 leaders at schools, community centres and Boys and Girls Clubs across Prince Edward Island.For more information, call us at 90-569-KIDS (3729), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bbbspei.ca for more information.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 90 minutes a week for 7 weeks
- screening, child safety training, program training