The In School Mentoring program provides girls and boys with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with, within school grounds. For one hour a week, mentors meet with their mentee and engage in activities such as board games, crafts or just hanging out in the playground.
The In School Mentoring program requires a weekly visit of 1 hour for the duration of the school year. Matches do not meet over the summer break or during other school holidays.
The program strives to do the following:
- provide a role model and a friend for girls and boys.
- promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers.
- instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions.
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking.
- and above all, make a difference while having fun.
In-School Mentors are needed in schools right across Prince Edward Island.Help a child develop the confidence to achieve more, sign up today.Call us at 90-569-KIDS (3729), email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.bbbspei.ca for more information.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour a week
- Interview, references, child safety training