Duties: General Description: Planned Parenthood’s Social Media and Marketing Intern helps strengthen and expand the organization’s online presence while gaining firsthand experience in creative online and health promotions. We’re looking for a candidate who is driven, self-motivated, and excited about Planned Parenthood and its mission.
* Assist with curating and creating content for social media profiles (including Planned Parenthood Advocate blog)
* Monitor other Planned Parenthood affiliates’ social media presence for a landscape review
* Conform with and abide by compliance programs and objectives
* Research potential promotional activities for Planned Parenthood, occasionally attend promotional events
* Other duties as assigned Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
* Excellent writing skills
* Basic understanding of social media and digital marketing
* Interest in health care communications, reproductive health and sexuality education, and advocacy and policy issues
* Experience and comfort interacting with diverse communities
* Acute sensitivity to privacy and security protocols at PPMNS
Digital media, communications and writing skills; understanding of various approaches to community outreach and health promotions
Hours and Commitment:
Approximately 5-10 hours/week, August-December 2017. Hours primarily spread during Monday-Friday during normal business hours with some possibility of evenings/weekends event coverage.
Supervision: Social Media Manager and Marketing Manager
To apply to volunteer, please complete the online application on the landing page. If you have any questions, contact the Volunteer Program at 612-821-6113 or email email@example.com.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10-15 hours per week