JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
The position will primarily be responsible for managing the email marketing campaigns of the organization. Email marketing is done primarily through GoDaddy, and the Email Marketing Specialist would be responsible for crafting Email campaigns when necessary. This will include taking content provided by other members of the JerseySTEM team and creating mailings, in addition to curating your own content with an editorial calendar.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Taking instruction from leadership within the organization to craft Email campaigns to go out to our list of contacts through GoDaddy advertising the schedule of classes, upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, or whatever sort of messaging the situation needs
- Organize contact lists so that each message the organization sends is reaching the right audience and that contact lists are optimized to ensure prime targeting.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A desire to help a burgeoning volunteer organization blossom into success
- Experience with GoDaddy email marketing is a plus but not required (it is easy to learn). Any email marketing platform is similar and we will train you
- Access to a computer to perform necessary work
- Ability to take instruction from others and turn it into deliverables (email campaign)
- Marketing Analytics
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 2 - 3 hours per week
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- COA: Java Tutor for High School...
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...