Are you interested in growing your skills as a leader?
Do you want to showcase your project, program, administrative, or organizational skills?
Then volunteering with ATD Central Florida is the opportunity for you. Our chapter is growing and has various openings to help you showcase your talent!
ATDCFL relies on volunteers to provide engaging experiences for our members. We look for volunteers who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of networking and professional development, a purpose for which ATDCFL was founded over 35 years ago. We are a very diverse group that values everyone's thoughts and skills. We are also a hands-on team that coordinates the tasks for several learning programs, chapter meetings, and membership related projects. Below is a list of the roles we currently have open.
Director of Newsletter (1)
Director of Membership (1)
Director of Database Administration (1)
College Relations Ambassadors (various)
Director of Communication (1)
Community Outreach Ambassadors(various)
Director of Member Surveys (1)
Director of Program Operations (1)
Director of Program Content (1)
The director roles support the chapter members and board of directors by providing assistance in their respective functional area: Programs, Membership, Communication, Finance, Technology, or Administrative.
Estimated Time Commitment:
Term: One year
Estimated Time Requirements per month: Estimated total hours per month = 8 to10
- Attending board meetings (Optional): 3 hours monthly for Executive Board meetings (live/virtual)
- Attend planning meetings (Mandatory): 12 hours annually (2 strategy/planning workshops are held per year)
- Attending monthly chapter meetings (Voluntary): 3 hours plus travel time
- Communicating with Leader: 2-4 hours
- Vary by the functional area where support is being provided
- Represents the chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities
- Attends and participates in board and chapter meetings as available
- Participates in other chapter events, committee meetings, and regional conferences as available
- Member of ATD National and local chapter preferred but not required
- Skilled in written and verbal communication, personal interaction, and problem-solving
- Ability to plan, organize, and execute activities as required by the position
- Ability to complete projects within established timeframes
- Ability to delegate tasks and monitor follow-through
- People Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 8-10 hours per month
- Tell us: (1) Why you want to volunteer @ ATDCFl? (2) What special power you bring to the role?