A volunteer is needed to teach vocal technique, and to lead a choir in preparation of performances on select Saturday mornings from October through May as part of The Salvation Army Worship Arts Rehearsal program (W.A.R.). This program was implemented to reach out to youth from nearby communities to give them access to music lessons free of charge.
Our Music Department will provide all material needed to:
- Teach a music theory class
- Lead a vocal technique class
- Keep student’s MAP form updated (explained below)
- Help with room set-up and tear down
- No previous experience required
- Preferably (but not limited to) Voice Major Students / Music Education Students.
- Preferably (but not limited to) knowledge of Solfege System
- Ability to sing and play piano (self-accompaniment)
- Ability to teach and create a healthy learning environment
- Ability to maintain control of a group
- Knowledge of Music theory and Vocal Technique
Dates: October 7, 21/ 2018 January 20/ February 10,24/ March 17/ April 7,28/ May 12
9:30 AM to 2:00 PM (Lunch and snacks provided.)
For more information please call Sophie at 651-746-3426.
- Music Theory
- Music Arts
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Salvation Army - Virginia, MN
- Librarian -- Downtown Minneapolis
- Food Shelf Stocker or Escort --...
- Salvation Army - Fergus Falls, MN
- Wednesday Evening Receptionist -...
- Cook for weekly teen night --...
- Salvation Army - Willmar, MN
- Salvation Army - Austin, MN
- Pick up food donations (Drive...
- Salvation Army - Minot, ND
- Salvation Army - Rochester, MN
- Food Service Kitchen Assistant -...
- Salvation Army - Brainerd, MN
- Salvation Army - St. Cloud, MN
- Salvation Army - Mankato, MN
- Friday Food Distribution -- West...
- Salvation Army - International...
- Salvation Army - Bismarck, ND
- Salvation Army - Jamestown, ND
- Driver - Roseville