Terms of Reference
Communications and Fundraising Volunteer, Hope and Dreams Initiative, New York
Hope and Dreams Initiative is an International organization working mainly on Literacy, WASH, Menstrual Hygiene Management and related women's issues in Nigeria, and other African countries. Our mission is to empower women and girls through literacy WASH in schools and education on menstrual hygiene to ensure a better, stronger development of women and girls and their personal needs. Hope and Dreams Initiative has more than 10 years of experience in delivering effective and successful programs on the ground in Nigeria with local organizations and government entities.
Hope and Dreams Initiative is currently in the process of mobilizing resources, and enhance advocacy and communication on social media related to the girl child, women’s empowerment, WASH, Menstrual Hygiene and sexual reproductive health to further support programme implementation. The organization will further plan and execute a fundraiser event in 2018 to meet its funding goals.
We're currently looking for a passionate, focused and organized volunteer to join Hope and Dreams Initiative and specifically to support our Campaign and fundraising strategy for 2018.
- Provide admin support to the executive director
- Assist with the execution of the fundraising strategy for 2018.
- Develop ideas for campaign outreach and fundraising
- Provide support to the social media activities and website maintenance
- Support the planning and execution of the fundraising event.
- Other duties as necessary
- Bachelors Degree in international relations, political science, international development and/or a related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to Gender Equality and women's issues
- Experience in a fast paced work environment
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to handle projects with professionalism and discretion
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Excel
- Knowledge and experience with non-governmental organizations, international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-profit organizations.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Benefits and Requirements:
- Minimum of 3-6 months part time/fulltime
- Exposure to international development events and activities taking place in New York City
- Opportunity to be exposed to partners and exciting events including UN, NGOs and international partners
- Reports to Executive Director
- Based in New York City or home based.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resource Development / Management
- Program Management
- Internet Research
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 10-20 hours per week