Community Outreach Volunteer
14 people are interested
Job Title: Community Outreach Volunteer
Department: Fund Development
Community outreach is one of our most vital volunteer opportunities in our agency. Volunteers in this position help us reach out to the community through spreading awareness about domestic violence and the services offered by the YWCA Pierce County. As Community Outreach Volunteer, you will learn about domestic violence advocacy and engage the public by hosting booths during community events and fairs. This position is great for those with a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent the YWCA Pierce County at local outreach and informational events
- Engage community members in awareness raising activities surrounding domestic violence
- Utilize a proactive approach to inspire community members to take action in a variety of ways
- Reflect on the mission, vision and services provided by the YWCA with the community
- Maintain the organization and professional appearance of outreach materials while at events
- Coordinate the pick-up and drop off of booth materials and supplies, as needed
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Passion for individuals, families and community members affected by domestic violence
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, i.e. friendly, respectful, attentive, etc.
- Access to reliable transportation with enough room for outreach materials, if needed
- Ability to follow directives and apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions given by the Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator
- Capable of receiving constructive feedback
- Understanding of how to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a diverse team of staff and volunteers
- Models language and behavior that is inclusive and respectful of all people, particularly those experiencing oppression or barriers to thriving
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission, vision and values of the YWCA Pierce County
- Acceptable Washington State Patrol Criminal History Record
- Attend the YWCA’s Domestic Violence 101
- Complete outreach volunteer trainings with Outreach and Volunteer Coordinator
This position requires a 6 month commitment of volunteering. Applicants can expect most opportunities to be in the evening and on weekends. Shifts are typically 3-4 hours long.
Please submit an online volunteer submission form expressing your interest in this position:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
405 BroadwayTacoma, WA 98402
- Social Work
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 6 Months
- Times of volunteer opportunities vary, and are often variable shifts on weeknights or weekends.