The Palmdale City Library is looking for motivated volunteers to commit to one afternoon a week assisting patrons with our computer and printer system.
A successful Volunteer Public Computer Aide will have the ability to:
- Help patrons with computers - we’re looking for someone familiar with the Microsoft Office suite (in particular Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher), Adobe, Google Drive and Google Docs, creating and accessing email across various platforms (Yahoo!, Gmail, etc.), creating and opening attachments for email, and saving and retrieving files on USB drives.
- Help people make reservations and print using our Envisionware computer system (staff will provide training).
- Think on their feet and exercise sound judgment.
- Interact in a friendly, patient manner with a diverse range of individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
- Conduct themselves in a professional, friendly, patient manner at all times.
- Maintain boundaries and be discreet when coming in contact with sensitive and private information.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Google Apps
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Microsoft Office Suite
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3pm- 5pm one day a week (Mon, Tues, Thurs, or Fri)