Job Title: Intern - Grant-writing
Job Description: This intern will support the organization with grant-writing and sponsorship development.
Mission Statement: Needs Beyond Medicine is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to decrease the burden of cancer by increasing awareness, education, and relief to cancer patients. Needs Beyond Medicine’s primary focus is to offer assistance by enhancing the quality of life for those diagnosed with cancer through educational and financial support.
- Research and write grant proposals / applications to local and national corporations and foundations seeking gifts for Needs Beyond Medicine programs and administration
- Follow grant-writing guidelines and best practices
- Follow-up with organizations after initial application and seek personal connections
- Maintain grant proposal spreadsheets
- Represent Needs Beyond Medicine in donor meetings
- Effectively communicate with potential and current donors with acknowledgement correspondence
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, strong organizational skills, skillful listening skills, excellent and written communication skills, ability to work independently. Career interest in non-profit organization, willing to accept a variety of tasks and positive attitude.
Preferred Qualifications: Grant-writing experience, previous experience working in a non-profit environment, currently enrolled or recently graduated.
- Donor Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Patient Care
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment