Hospice Volunteers in San Jose area
43 people are interested
Find a purpose, develop new skills, share your time... You can make a difference!
Seasons Hospice is looking for Volunteers to visit patients in San Jose.
As a Seasons Hospice Volunteer, you'll help patients and family members by offering emotional support and companionship. Volunteer activities with patients include: Reading out loud, listening to music, writing letters, doing crafts, asking patients to tell their life stories, but most of all, becoming a friend with someone dealing with a terminal illness. You will work directly with our medical team, our social workers, and music therapists to ensure that the patient receives optimal care. Seasons Hospice will provide training, and opportunities for volunteers to attend weekly medical meetings.
If you are looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity, then this is for you!
Training to be a Seasons Hospice Volunteer is extensive but the time is well spent if you have an interest in hospice or healthcare.
- Completion of 5-6 hours of self-study online modules
- An untarnished criminal background history
- Motor vehicle report with no more than 3 moving violations within the past 36 months
- Simple physical exam, offered to you at no cost
- Tuberculosis skin test, offered to you for free at our office
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
We'll work with your schedule.
San Jose areaSan Jose, CA 95110
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Mental Health
- Bereavement Support
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We ask volunteers to commit 4 hours per month.