Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Arrange, describe, archives; manuscripts; photographs; maps; drawings; newspapers; oral histories; film; and similar materials.
- Evaluate determine the appropriateness of the material.
- Sort and arrange archival materials; clean archival objects and perform minor conservation; remove detrimental objects from the collection; unfold and clean documents; place archival documents into acid-free folders and containers.
- Develop procedures for processing, storing and keeping records of documentary materials.
- Develop aids such as card catalogs, registers, series descriptions, inventories, and guides which explain the history, scope, content, and arrangement of the collections.
- Prepare and catalog photographs for archival storage.
- Conduct biographical and historical research.
- Provide training and leadership to other volunteers and employees.
- Other related duties may also be performed; not all duties listed may necessarily be performed by each individual holding this classification.
- Historical research methods and techniques.
- Archival preservation, conservation, and restoration techniques.
- Archival appraisal methods and procedures.
- Archival records management.
- Methods used to exhibit or store museum artifacts.
- Evaluate and describe historical material.
- Develop procedures for accessing historical information.
- Prepare historical material for exhibition or storage.
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18