The Accelerator YMCA has a Transitional Housing Program that hosts young people who are transitioning out of foster care and/or homelessness.
One of our housing locations is called "Young Adults in Transition," also known as YAIT. This particular location houses 20 studio apartments and is located in Downtown Seattle. We also have 7 additional single-family Shared Homes located across king County. We need provided for these locations as well.
We're looking for volunteer groups to provide Holiday meals for YAIT and our Shared Homes on a monthly basis. Volunteers are welcome to provide a meal on a one-time basis or multiple times.
- Food can be purchased or prepared. Recipes can be provided upon request. Provided food needs to include food labels. There must be meat and vegetarian options.
- If you are cooking the food, it must be done so at our Drop-In Center in our provided commercial kitchen (to comply with food safety procedures). If you cook the food remotely, everyone involved MUST have a current food handler's card.
- YAIT Only: Provide enough food for 20 people
- Shared-Homes Only: Provide enough food for 6 people (per house)
Please let us know which option(s) you would be interested in making a meal for! From there, we can work with you to pick a date/time. Service is not required. Meals can be prepared remotely. A current Food Handler's Card is required.
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- updated food handler's card is strongly enouraged.