The Big Brothers Mentoring program provides boys and young men with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee, that is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced case-workers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
The Big Brothers Mentoring program requires matches to spend 3-4 hours a week together. There is a minimum of 1 year commitment.
The program strives to do the following:
- provide a role model and a friend for boys and young men.
- promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers.
- instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions.
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking.
- and above all, make a difference while having fun.
- Child Development
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours weekly