- Assist library staff in guiding library patrons with PC reservation procedures and other functions.
- Assist patrons with requests for print jobs.
- Assist in providing basic help instructions to patrons, using Windows-based software, including the Web.
- Assist in troubleshooting technology problems, when possible.
- Check equipment at the end of the shift to ensure that all computers are working.
- Assist patrons in using the Catalog, as well as My Account, Live and other online Library resources.
- Computer skills (particularly word processing and Internet searching).
- A friendly and approachable manner.
- Ability to work with all age groups and ability levels.
- Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of two to three hours per week, for a period of at least three months.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Internet Research
- Microsoft Office Suite
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 to 3 hours a week, preferable in the morning