Join a small international team in making the world a better place! When you work with Story Time, you are helping a future generation become leaders in their community.
The Event Planning Intern will work closely with the Executive Administrator and Marketing and Branding Team in developing fundraising events based on Team goals and strategy. You will communicate with venues and potential sponsors to create winning events that draw in passionate, change-making supporters.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Executive Administrator to contact, organize, and set-up fundraising events
- Working with the Marketing Team to develop social media and email schedules and strategy for events
- Developing social media post content based on schedule and strategy
- Scheduling Story Time employees
- Managing the Story Time information email account
- Researching potential areas to have events
- Assisting in developing events strategy
- Reaching out to these potential hosts and coordinating specifics
This is an unpaid non-profit volunteer opportunity. Mostly in-person hours, with opportunity for some remote work.
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
- Superior project management skills
- Working knowledge of issues related to Story Time’s interests
- Experience in developing social media/mass email content
About Story Time:
Story Time is a US-based 501(C)(3) non-profit which works to empower students in Southeast Africa by removing barriers to education and inspiring community partnerships. Currently, we work in the country of Malawi, and much of our work is focused on community and youth education, but our structure allows us to tackle any social issue important to the communities we work with.
- Experience working with an international nonprofit
- Flexible scheduling, with option to work remotely
- Experience using new technology and software
- Writing and editing experience
Please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter addressing why you want to volunteer with us.
- Office Management
- Google Apps
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/week