WHAT DO VIPS DO?
Traveling can be very stressful, so VIPs help alleviate some of that anxiety through assistance such as:
- Providing directions to various airport and community facilities
- Assisting passengers with finding appropriate transportation
- Providing suggestions to sightseeing attractions in the Los Angeles area
- Facilitating communications between distressed passengers and airlines
Training for VIPs includes customer service techniques, latest procedures in airport security and airline check-in procedures, airport services and amenities, travel and hospitality resources, assistance during emergencies and incidents, and Internet and computer training. Volunteers will also attend a Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) employee orientation and badge training. Training for new volunteers is on-going and you will be notified upon submission of application.
A Resource Notebook, laptop computer, cell phone, and land line phones are available as resources.
- Wonderful opportunity to assist passengers in need!
- Parking privileges during volunteer hours
- Invitations to LAWA events and activities (tours, briefings, open houses, field trips, etc.)
- Eligibility to apply for LAWA Human Resources training (CPR, Spanish language, sign language course, etc.)
- Annual recognition event
- Beautiful red vest!
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training