LAX Volunteer Opportunities
City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles World Airports
WHAT DO VIPS DO?
Traveling can be very stressful, so VIPs help alleviate some of that anxiety through assistance such as:
- Providing directions to various airport and community facilities
- Assisting passengers with finding appropriate transportation
- Providing suggestions to sightseeing attractions in the Los Angeles area
- Facilitating communications between distressed passengers and airlines
Training for VIPs includes customer service techniques, latest procedures in airport security and airline check-in procedures, airport services and amenities, travel and hospitality resources, assistance during emergencies and incidents, and Internet and computer training. Volunteers will also attend a Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) employee orientation and badge training. Training for new volunteers is on-going and you will be notified upon submission of application.
A Resource Notebook, laptop computer, cell phone, and land line phones are available as resources.
- Wonderful opportunity to assist passengers in need!
- Parking privileges during volunteer hours
- Invitations to LAWA events and activities (tours, briefings, open houses, field trips, etc.)
- Eligibility to apply for LAWA Human Resources training (CPR, Spanish language, sign language course, etc.)
- Annual recognition event
- Beautiful red vest!
About City of Los Angeles, Los Angeles World Airports
205 World Way, LAWA VIP OFFICE THEME BUILDING, Los Angeles, CA 90045, US
The Volunteer Information Professional Program’s mission is to assist guests to ensure an efficient, hospitable and memorable LAXceptional Xperience. The personal touch is what guests remember most during their travels, and our Volunteers are truly exceptional at offering a smile, warm greetings and reliable information in what can be a challenging environment at times. The VIP Program is committed to providing excellent guest services. Positive one-on-one interactions are what make the difference, and that’s what the VIP program brings to LAX.
At LAX, we strive to make our guest visits efficient,
hospitable and memorable by providing modern,
world-class facilities, services and innovation that showcase
the ambiance and excitement of Los Angeles
and the lifestyle and warmth of sunny Southern California.