Women and Families Ascending Association (WAFAA)
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO email@example.com AND THEN PLEASE CALL US FROM 973-766-2406.
We are a non-profit organization that helps families and individuals through various social programs. Our mission is to strengthen families and the community through education in order to reduce isolation, build connection within and between families and throughout the community.
Our services include crisis intervention therapy, immigration paperwork and a shelter for victims of domestic violence. We offer many other services as well to anyone who is in need of help.
We are open to any kind of help we can receive. Please contact with us regarding what you are comfortable to work with. Thank you!
Job description for volunteers and interns:
- Assist in fundraising and event organizing
- Attend events and meetings as per director's instruction and report the proceedings
- Help in office management and record keeping
- Update and manage all social media accounts and website
- Draft emails and memos
- Answer phone calls
- Assist in counseling and anger management courses
- Translate documents and oral communications (if bilingual)
- Volunteer time at food pantries
- Research grants to apply for
- Foster partnerships with local businesses and community members
- Be active in relations between volunteer's schools and the organization
- Perform any other tasks assigned by director