Women and Families Ascending Association (WAFAA)
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME AND APPLICATION DIRECTLY TO email@example.com AND THEN PLEASE CALL US FROM 973-766-2406.
We are a non-profit organization that helps families and individuals through various social programs. Our mission is to strengthen families and the community through education in order to reduce isolation, build connection within and between families and throughout the community.
Our services include crisis intervention therapy, immigration paperwork and a shelter for victims of domestic violence. We offer many other services as well to anyone who is in need of help.
We are open to any kind of help we can receive. Please contact with us regarding what you are comfortable to work with. Thank you!
Job description for volunteers and interns:
- Assist in fundraising and event organizing
- Attend events and meetings as per director's instruction and report the proceedings
- Help in office management and record keeping
- Update and manage all social media accounts and website
- Draft emails and memos
- Answer phone calls
- Assist in counseling and anger management courses
- Translate documents and oral communications (if bilingual)
- Volunteer time at food pantries
- Research grants to apply for
- Foster partnerships with local businesses and community members
- Be active in relations between volunteer's schools and the organization
- Perform any other tasks assigned by director
Steps on becoming an intern or volunteer:
1. Review our website www.wafaaorganization.org (see all the services we offer)
2. Follow WAFAA on all of our social media
3. Link your Amazon account to WAFAA through Amazon Smile (see our FB page and search "amazon" if instructions/walk-through needed)
4. Send a short video introducing yourself and talking about why you want to work with us and any relevant information via email firstname.lastname@example.org please call 973-766-2406 after you send your email
5. Send us a resume to our email
6. Share our Go Fund me page, gofund.me/957f7a13
About Women and Families Ascending Association (WAFAA)
www.wafaaorganization.org, Paterson/Wayne, NJ 07503, US
Our mission is to help out the community overcome issues such as: poverty, unemployment, hunger, sexual abuse, domestic violence, and other social maladies by empowering them through various social programs. We aim to reduce isolation, build connections within & between families, and in the community.
Services We Offer
- Children’s therapy.
- Crisis intervention.
- Career development:
- how to write a resume.
- where/how to find a job.
- Court assistance.
- Cultural sensitivity training.
- Educating domestic violence victims.
- Food Pantry.
- Foster parent assistance.
- Immigration paper work.
- Social service/housing/medical insurance/food stamps.
- Translation assistance.
We are non-profit.