Outreach Volunteers Wanted in Sacramento for The Soldiers Project!
12 people are interested
The Soldiers Project (TSP) is seeking friendly, outgoing and engaging individuals to be a part of our Street Outreach Team in Sacramento. This position is excellent for anyone passionate about the veteran community and ensuring access to mental health services. We are looking for people who hold exceptional verbal, communication and interpersonal skills to assist with building awareness of our program for veterans, service members, family members, and community organizations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attending and tabling at veterans’ events throughout the Sacramento area to engage visitors about TSP’s program and services and to recruit new clients.
- Completion of Introduction to The Soldiers Project webinar.
- Reporting volunteer hours to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Representing The Soldiers Project in a professional and respectable manner.
- Maintaining and respecting the confidentiality of potential clients.
For more than 10 years, The Soldiers Project has provided high-quality, free, confidential mental health counseling to post 9/11 veterans and their loved ones. Our Healing the Hidden Wounds of War program provides pro-bono services by licensed mental health professionals in the privacy of their offices. Our services are provided to all branches of the military, regardless of discharge status or deployment. The Soldiers Project has 8 chapters in 7 states including: California, Washington, Illinois, Pennsylvania, New York, Wyoming, and Texas.
We'll work with your schedule.
Sacramento AreaSacramento, CA 95841
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Orientation or Training