Special Olympics NC - Yancey County Co-Coordinator
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking two Local Co-Coordinators for the Yancey County area. The co-coordinators will work together with our Community Resource Director and Sports team to serve the hundreds of potential athletes in Yancey County. We hope to continue this strong program and have a number of interested parties and plans in place but need some dedicated folks on the ground who can help get the program going again. The Co-Coordinators will have the responsibility for successfully implementing Special Olympics activities within his/her assigned geographic area. We will provide ample support to get started and aid in connecting with schools and government departments.
Primary Duties of the Co-Coordinators:
- Management of and regular communication with the local program volunteer committee
- Recruiting and training new local committee members as needed
- Facilitating regular committee and sub-committee meetings and ensuring minutes are kept and updates circulated
- Ensuring various non-sport aspects of the program are properly managed by the committee (i.e., fundraising, volunteer recruitment, etc.)
- Communicating regularly with the other coordinator
Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization and prior experience in working with a special needs population are preferred. Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to committee members and other volunteers. The ability to communicate openly and in a timely manner. Ability to obtain/maintain a valid NC Driver’s License.
We'll work with your schedule.
Exact Location To Be DeterminedBurnsville, NC 28714
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 Hours per Week In Season
- communication and organization skills, ability to work with a diverse population