SUMMARY: The Patient Intake volunteer is an important member of the volunteer team during clinics. They help greet and register patients, order laboratory tests, fill out registration forms, and explain the informed consent process to the patients. They also assist with other tasks as they arise. We serve upwards of 25‐35 patients each clinic. This would not be possible without the triage volunteer to help facilitate the check‐in process!
SCHEDULE Mon/Wed/Fri, 8:30 am‐11:30pm or Tues/Thurs 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
TRAINING PROVIDED Trained by shadowing current volunteer before working solo. Written Guidelines for job tasks are provided (see pg.2)
One regular shift per month - for one year.
Some clinical knowledge preferred
Enthusiasm for helping the underserved.
Readiness to learn new skills and take on responsibility.
Detail‐oriented and capable of focusing in a busy clinic environment.
- The satisfaction of having helped uninsured families, the larger community, and the Free Clinic, which would not be able to function without its volunteers.
- Valuable health care experience and insight, useful to anyone considering a career in health care.
- A potential letter of reference, for academic and professional applications.
- The fun of being a member of an enthusiastic, diverse, and caring team of volunteers.
For questions please contact 360-313-1389 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To Volunteer please visit our website and complete your application at https://freeclinics.org/volunteer/
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 regular shift per month for 1 year.