SUMMARY: The ophth/opt tech is an important member of the volunteer team during vision clinics. They take medical history and entrance skills, preparing the patient for refraction.
SCHEDULE Mondays 5:00 - 7:30 pm
TRAINING PROVIDED Trained by shadowing a current technician before working solo. Written Guidelines for job tasks are provided
REQUESTED COMMITMENT One shift per month, for 12 months
Minimum 2 years experience or 2nd year Opt Tech student.
Be able to perform all required position responsibilities
- The satisfaction of having helped uninsured families, the larger community, and the Free Clinic, which would not be able to function without its volunteers.
- Valuable vision care experience and insight, useful to anyone considering a career in vison care.
- A potential letter of reference, for academic and professional applications.
- The fun of being a member of an enthusiastic, diverse, and caring team of volunteers.
To apply please visit our website and complete the application form. https://freeclinics.org/volunteer/
For further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 360-313-1389
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1 shift per month for 12 months