Bilingual Outreach Coordinator - Chatham County
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is looking for a responsible individual with ties to the Spanish speaking community to serve as the Bilingual Outreach Coordinator in Caldwell County. This individual will develop plans and activities to reach eligible persons not currently participating in Special Olympics.
Time Commitment & Requirements:
- Attend a monthly local committee meeting, about 2 hours per month, year-round.
- Work independently to reach new families, minimum 5 hours per month.
- It is preferred that you have some background working with people with intellectual disabilities and are familiar with pre-existing services in your county aiding them, but not required.
Responsibilities: Most of this work will be completed on the phone or by email.
- Work with the local program coordinator to learn and speak comfortably about the program.
- Oversee outreach to all participants that speak Spanish including answering questions, sending out information, managing forms and recruiting new participants.
We'll work with your schedule.
Exact location To be determinedPittsboro, NC 27312
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per month
- Must Speak Spanish