WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereNear your home, school or business locationIn the following areas: Sacramento andPlacer counties.Sacramento, Citrus Heights, Orangevale, Roseville, CA 95677
VITAS Bereavement volunteers make a real difference in the emotional and spiritual stability of our patients’ families. Trained bereavement volunteers may be assigned families to call or visit, asked to help organize community support groups and memorial services, or do bereavement mailings all with the support and guidance of the VITAS bereavement team. Volunteers ask questions and listen
VITAS Volunteer orientation is provided free of charge to help you learn the skills required to be a hospice volunteer. Additional training is provided about the stages of grief, how to communicate and encourage the bereaved, and how to recognize complicated grief. Volunteers work with the support of VITAS’ manager of volunteers, bereavement manager and/or chaplain to provide a caring presence to a grieving individual. Time and dates are ongoing and flexible.
For more information about VITAS visit VITAS.com
- People Skills
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible. We can work with your schedule
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers
- Stitch a Memory Bear. Create a...
- VITAS Administrative Volunteers...
- Help Provide Clerical Duties in...
- Support a Bereaved Family
- VITAS Patient-Care Volunteers -...
- Provide Friendly Visits to...
- VITAS Musical and Visual Artist...
- Be a Cut Above…Pamper a Hospice...
- VITAS Paw Pals Volunteers -...