As the Running Coach, you'll work with a team of volunteer running coaches to facilitate the Play Like a Girl Clubs program in after-school, serving as a role model and mentor for middle school girls ages 9-13.
- You'll act as an ambassador for Play Like a Girl, responsible for recruiting and retaining program participants in a school setting.
- You'll prepare, organize and deliver 10-12 weekly lessons, including helping participants set and track goals and presenting rewards at key milestones.
- You'll manage and communicate with assistant coaches and volunteers, as well as liaise between Play Like a Girl and the host school.
- You'll engage parents of participants in regular communication and promote club activities on social media.
- You'll plan, coordinate and participate in celebratory events including a Kickoff Ceremony and Finisher Celebration.
- Passion for our mission that invigorates and excites everyone with whom you share it.
- Experience working with youth, especially girls in grades 5-8 and/or previous volunteer experience with a nonprofit organization.
- Availability for club sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm until 6pm CST, and for weekly team meetings on Fridays (TBD).
- A team-orientation, strong work ethic, and outstanding communication skills with the presence and personal style to represent the organization to multiple constituents.
You love the sport of running.
You’re passionate about living an active and healthy lifestyle, and you want others to embrace this lifestyle too. You especially want young girls to find their spark for your favorite sport of running, and are committed to modeling the way for them.
You love sharing successes with others.
You're the Queen of Instagram and use it positively to keep others motivated to live their best lives. Your posts are inspiring, thought-provoking and challenging.
You were born a people person.
You enjoy interacting with people - over the phone, in person or through emails. You’re welcoming and more than willing to help someone find their way around Play Like a Girl.
You're independent and self-motivated.
You can handle a wide-variety of tasks without constant supervision. You relish the chance to own your projects - you're confident and capable. You’re reliable. You're always on time.
You'll start in late August and commit until December. We'll need you for approximately 7-10 hours per week for 12 weeks with additional time required on two to three weekend days for a four-hour training session, the Kickoff Ceremony and Finisher Celebration and, if necessary, CPR/First Aid training. Your primary work location will be at JT Moore Middle School, 4425 Granny White Pike in Nashville, Tennessee.
This is a paid internship with an exceptional opportunity to earn $10/hour having fun doing what you love while gaining experience at a non-profit with an ambitious mission. We also will gladly work with your institution to give you academic credit for your experience.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 7-10 hour/week for 12 weeks, 2-3 weekend days
- If necessary, CPR/First Aid training