Student interns will be given the opportunity to work in the field of Therapeutic Recreation in a community-based setting. Intern will gain experience in providing therapeutic recreation programs, for various properties, through implementation of structured and unstructured groups and individual leisure programming as well as helping with diversional recreation services. Intern will build relationships with team members of various field work as well as understand the importance of those roles in helping seniors successfully age in place. Interns will have a hands-on approach of how to develop, plan, implement, supervise and evaluate Quality of Life programs for residents in a community-based setting.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Background check is a requirement. Will be reimburse by MidPen.
- Recreation Volunteer (UA)
- Music Therapy/ Instructor (SBH)
- Recreation Volunteer (SBH)
- Recreational Therapy Practicum...
- Tai Chi/Yoga Instructor...
- Computer Coach/Tech Savvy...
- 1 Russian-speaking volunteer for...
- Fitness Instructor/Leader (tai...
- ESL Instructor (UA)
- English Instructor/Volunteer
- Recreation Volunteer
- Music Therapy (SPC)
- ESL Instructor
- Crocheting/Knitting Instructor
- ESL Instructor (SBH)
- Recreation Volunteer (HMV)