Hey, feel that tap on your shoulder, it's me and I need your help!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
Hey, feel that tap on your shoulder, it's me and I need your help! That's right very few of us can turn away from a tap on the shoulder asking for help. But this is easy, really easy. Just be who you are and do what you do, but do it with a neighbor who is legally blind and can no longer drive. When you get your groceries, pick up a few things for them, when you get your prescriptions, grab theirs too! EASY! If you like to read or visit the library, take them with you, go to a concert or see a show... yes, they like those things too even if they cannot see all the action.
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
- a desire to help others;
- a pleasant demeanor;
- a good reading/speaking voice;
- average reading skills;
- organizational or planning abilities;
- a good driving record;
- a clear criminal history;
- two references
- access to a car with proof of insurance;
- a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
We'll work with your schedule.
Main StreetBridgeport, CT 06606
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Very Flexible, Do What You Can! Others will help!
- Patience, Strong Reading Voice, People Skills