Join a small international team in making the world a better place! When you work with Story Time, you are helping a future generation become leaders in their community.
The Social Media Intern will work closely with Marketing and Branding Team in developing cause marketing videos based on Team goals and strategy. You will measure impact metrics, analyze best times for posting, and create posts that draw in passionate change-making supporters.
This is unpaid non-profit volunteer opportunity. Mostly in-person hours, with opportunity for some remote work.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Create 4-7 social media posts per week
- Schedule posts in advance
- Organize upcoming and past posts using Trello
- Keep files clean and versions organized
- Understand and execute social media strategy
- Influence future strategy by presenting analytics of post performance and audience
- Organize and monitor the Story Time photo library
- Managing the social media Story Time email address
- Read studies/research and attend webinars/workshops as interested
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Familiarity with tools such as Hootsuite and Canva
- Sharp writing and editing skills
- An eye for design
- Passion for engaging donors and possible donors on social platforms
- Excellent at multitasking
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- A passion for education around the world
- A hunger for learning
How to apply:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume, cover letter addressing why you want to volunteer for us, and (optional) include any examples of social media posts you’ve done for a business.
- People Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Google Apps
- Social Media / Blogging
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours/week