Friends from Meals on Wheels is a new friendly visitor program for seniors receiving Meals on Wheels in Santa Clara County.
We are in need of a Spanish speaking volunteer to make weekly friendly phone calls to seniors that are home bound and lonely. The phone calls are conversational, and involve asking the senior how they're doing, etc.
We ask for a commitment of about 1 hour/week for 4-6 months.
The completion of a volunteer application and a brief training are required.
If interested, please reply to this post. Or, email Cindy Thomas, Program Associate at: Cthomas@healthtrust.org. Phone: 408-961-9873.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 hour/week for 4-6 months
- Deliver Meals to Homebound...
- Meals on Wheels - Data Entry
- Meals on Wheels: Cantonese...
- Meals On Wheels Food Distribution
- Mandarin speakers needed to help...
- Door Knocking for Meals on Wheels
- Spanish speaking volunteer...
- Russian speaking volunteers...
- Se necesitan voluntarios que...
- Vietnamese Speaking Volunteers...
- Vietnamese speaking volunteers...