Make a Difference. Inspire a Life. Become a Mentor!
15 people are interested
The Viscardi Center’s new Mentoring Initiative program is designed for students, ages 11-17 with a disability or those considered "at-risk", and assists youth in realizing their potential and achieving their personal and educational goals. By creating a meaningful relationship, based on trust and open communication, mentors help young people gain a sense of belonging, build self-confidence and learn new skills and passions.
If you’re looking to make a lasting impact on a deserving youth, consider becoming a Viscardi Mentor today! To enroll or for more information, contact Michelle Licata at email@example.com or 516.465.1415.
Benefits of Being a Mentor:
* Gain a sense of fulfilment and personal growth
* Develop leadership and management qualities
* Improve communication and interpersonal relationship skills
* Build a larger professional network
* Be recognized for your talents and experience
* Strengthen your own self-worth and confidence
* Learn new things about yourself and others
* Enhance your CV with community involvement
* Better understand how people perceive you
* Grow your circle of friends
* Contribute to the overall well-being of your society
We'll work with your schedule.
Long Island and New York CityAlbertson, NY 11507
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 – 6 hours per month for one year
- Genuine desire to be a reliable, positive role model