The Community Assessment Associate will be responsible for developing, analyzing and creating volunteer strategies to determine the needs of the Community Land Trust homeowners and residents. The member will:
- Collect, compile, analyze survey information on the needs of Community Land Trust homeowners and residents.
- Design and implement collaborative assessment activity at DNI Annual Meeting
- Create and update DNI Homeowner Manual, based on survey feedback.
- Organize two resource fairs for DNI homeowners and broader Dudley community, based on survey feedback.
- Follow up on homeowner concerns through phone, email, and in-person visits; document concerns.
- Attend weekly Dudley Neighbors Inc. meetings and biweekly Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative meetings.
Members will perform day to day service at Dudley Neighbors Inc. and serve a minimum of 40 hours per week. Normal service hours are Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 5:30 pm with 30 minutes for lunch per day. There will be opportunities to serve at community events on evenings and weekends. Members are required to track time and submit on-line (training provided) timesheets twice per month.
Members are expected to attend and participate in all LISC AmeriCorps sponsored activities including but not limited to:
- Attending a local onboarding session coordinated by LISC and an onsite orientation to our organization;
- Attending a national leadership conference tentatively scheduled for March 2018;
- Attending all locally sponsored monthly meetings;
- Participating in nationally sponsored webinars;
- Actively participating in at least two locally identified and team coordinated service projects (one for Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service and one for National AmeriCorps Week); and,
- Engaging in any other LISC events as determined by the local LISC office.
This is an AmeriCorps position. LISC and DNI will not allow the member to engage in activities that are considered prohibited under the terms of the grant while serving as a LISC AmeriCorps member.
- People Skills
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 40 hours/week