PRERNA is a non-profit humanitarian organization that empowers refugees with opportunities to rebuild sustainable lives in the United States. We help refugees across all ethnicities and faiths become independent with continuum care. Our services include housing, supplies, healthcare, education, employment and cultural assimilation. We are located in Santa Clara County, California.
PRERNA is seeking videographers to develop a new series of videos to tell the stories about the refugee families we help and their experiences while resettling in the Bay Area. This is a great opportunity to develop a portfolio of videos for a non-profit that is dedicated to serving the refugee community. You may also be involved at events to document PRERNA’s latest activities and celebrations. Your work will be featured on our website, social media, email campaigns and e-newsletters.
* Collaborate with the marketing team to write and record scripts
* Tape and assemble captured footage and photos to create short video clips suitable for publishing on YouTube
* Bring sight and sound together to tell a cohesive story.
* Experience in video editing with a strong portfolio
* Solid expertise with digital technology and editing software packages
* Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, continuity, etc.
* Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
* Degree in film studies, cinematography or related field, preferred
* Video camera, microphones and other necessary equipment
* Ability to meet deadlines and possess a strong sense of responsibility
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously
* Attend monthly meetings with marketing volunteer team
* Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area; Can work virtually
* Flexible hours, may be asked to cove events on weekends and evenings
* Requires approximately 10 hours on a weekly basis, depending on assignments
- Social Media / Blogging
- Visual Arts
- Community Outreach
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- few hours a week as per requirement
- Must be based in San Fransisco