Urgent Care Clinics at the Free Clinic are acute?care clinics that provide patients with free medical care and prescription medication as needed. Patients are generally low income, uninsured, and underserved. Many have postponed health care due to financial considerations and sometimes arrive with more acute symptoms, and multiple complaints.
We serve upwards of 35?45 patients and usually try to have a staff of at least five physician/providers at each clinic.
We welcome and encourage all types of physicians (including specialists) to volunteer.
A collegial environment exists among all of our volunteers; consultation with other providers is always possible.
Mon/Wed/Fri 9:30?12:00pm or Tues/Thurs 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
TRAINING PROVIDED An orientation will be provided before your first scheduled shift. Ongoing assistance is provided during each clinic by the Clinic Director or other assigned staff. REQUESTED COMMITMENT Requested minimum commitment of four times per year (quarterly). Average commitment is 6?10 times per year.
? MD, DO, NP, FNP, PNP, ARNP, PA, PA?C, PA?S ? WA State license required ? Liability Insurance required (free insurance is available ? see http://www.freeclinics.org/volunteer/insurance)
Page 2 8/18/2017
- Free license renewal for those who use their WA license solely for volunteering. ?
- Free liability insurance for volunteer work through AHEC (see our website). ?
- Receive CME credit for medical students that shadow you. ?
- Collegial environment, see unusual cases, consult with other providers. ?
- Patient gratitude is the rule rather than the exception. ? And as one volunteer recently put it "It makes you feel good."
For further information please visit our website at www.freeclinics.org/volunteer or contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com 360-313-1389
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 times per year (quarterly) average is 6-10 times