- Research and connect with 5 new groups, organizations or departments on campus and present about for Be The Match to them during this semester.
- Make outreach to 3 community organizations (businesses, churches, service clubs) to establish new partnerships for Be The Match.
- Event Planning/Execution - Learn the strategies of hosting an event. Establishing the contact, event planning, execution of event, event promotion, follow up and volunteer engagement.
- Assist with distributing public health information about Be The Match, recruiting of new registry members, planning events and marketing of the BTMOC group on campus. Establish some contacts to create a new club if one does not exist.
- Develop a list of minority focused clubs and organizations throughout the state. Contact the groups best suited to educate about Be The Match and determine what level of involvement would fit each group. Implement the appropriate activities.
- Explore the ways social media will benefit Be The Match through online drives, education and marketing our call to action message.
- Create a presentation on Be The Match that caters to college age students
Self motivator, experience or interest in public speaking, strong interest in non-profit work and belief in community services, strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Intern must be tied to an institution of higher learner, serve a minimum of 120 hours within a 6 month time period and be at least 18 years old.
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 120 hours over 6 months