Serve as a leader for the LUNG FORCE Walk and the LUNG FORCE initiative to mobilize corporate and community leaders to engage and support those that are fighting against lung cancer as well as our communities fight for lung health. Members help to position the American Lung Association as a strategic partner in the community.
EVENT FUNDRAISING - GOAL: $45,000
Dollars raised will save lives by supporting research, providing life-saving educational tools, strengthening public health policies, improving quality of medical care and providing programs throughout your local community.
COMMITTEE MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to drive participation and attend the LUNG FORCE Walk on Saturday, April 28, 2018
- Willing to commit personal/company resources and/or cultivate relationships (through teams, in-kind donations and sponsorship)
- Ability to recruit and engage vendor/client companies for sponsorship, in-kind donations and teams
- Willing to publicly endorse the American Lung Association in PA’s events
- Willing to invite his/her contacts to Greater Philadelphia events
- Lend additional support to the event planning process, ensuring the events are well-coordinated, and aiding in organizing and overseeing event-day logistics
- Help with team development, including recruiting new participants for the events as well as aiding their own recruitment and fundraising efforts
- Recruit and coordinate additional volunteers for the day of the events
- Help recruit and identify Lung Heroes
- Support Lung Health Week (Second week in May) by encouraging local organizations to illuminate their buildings turquoise and engage employees to support LUNG FORCE
Meetings can be attended either in-person or via tele-conference. They will be held once a month, for one hour at the American Lung Association Allentown Office
Ashley Kistler, Development Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 610-253-5060, ext 240.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 3-10 hours a month, including monthly meetings