Put your passion for music, education, and children to action!
10 people are interested
Make a ten-month commitment (from September to June) to Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (CABVI). Specifically, the volunteer should be available for music therapy group that takes place on the first Saturday of the month, from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm.
- Meet with the One on One Coordinator and music therapist(s) to learn about the clients’ personal history, specific impairment(s), impact on life, and to receive specific training and instructions for working with the client.
- Maintain client confidentiality and sign confidentiality agreement.
- Able to follow directions from the music therapists in assisting clients and participating in the music therapy group session as needed.
- Prior to and after group sessions, assist with arranging the space, organizing instruments, and cleaning instruments and materials.
- Basic musical skills, comfort in making music, singing along, playing instruments, and assisting some clients with playing instruments.
- During the group music therapy session, it is expected that personal items and devices should be put away in a safe place. This is to assure that full attention is given the needs of the group as well as minimizing distractions for clients.
- Participate in a volunteer orientation to become knowledgeable about CABVI, the services they provide, and the types of eye conditions that affect their clients.
- Complete and return quarterly time cards to Manager of Volunteer Services. Notify CABVI of any address or phone number changes.
**Must have a desire to develop relationships with children who are blind or visually impaired, physically challenged, or learning disabled. Must be able to communicate with warmth and clarity, and be able to read clearly.
For any questions, please contact Jennifer.Holladay@cincyblind.org or call directly 513-487-4237. Otherwise, you may submit the volunteer application here: http://tinyurl.com/cincyblindvolunteerapp.
We'll work with your schedule.
2045 Gilbert Ave.Cincinnati, OH 45202
- Special Needs
- Music Therapy
- Music Arts
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours/month