Pet Therapy Volunteer
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereVoluntary Service (135)University & Woodland AvenuesPhiladelphia, PA 19104
Volunteers and their 4-legged companions are needed to make friendly visits to our nation's heroes at the Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Dogs must be certified through an accredited organization, but not limited to Therapy Dogs International, Pals for Life, etc. Volunteers will need to complete a volunteer application, background check, interview, and orientation as well as provide up-to-date records for their dog.
This is a great opportunity to come in, visit the men and women who have served our country, and see them smile with your furry friends.
Days and hours are flexible. We know the dogs can handle about one (1) hour for a visit. Your time will be worth it.
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- TB skin test, records for canine friend
- Nurse Aide
- Messenger Volunteer
- Youth Program Volunteer...
- Recreation Therapy Groups
- National Salute to Veterans Week...
- Volunteers helping Veterans
- Red Coat Ambassadors/Information...
- Attention SEWERS!
- High School Volunteer...
- Pet Therapy Escorts
- Gallery of Honored Memories...
- Volunteer Transportation Program
- Youth Group Visits
- Short Procedure Unit (SPU)...
- Community Service...
- Historical Artifacts...
- Development Ambassador
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- No Veteran Dies Alone Volunteer...