Do you want to assist low-income Minnesotans navigate the tax system and claim all the tax credits they deserve? Volunteer for Prepare + Prosper!
What will I be doing as a TAX REVIEWER?
All tax returns completed by Prepare + Prosper (P+P) volunteers go through a quality review process-this makes P+P top notch in the field of free tax preparation. Volunteer reviewers provide thorough on-site checks of all tax returns prepared by P+P’s volunteer tax preparers, thus ensuring that every customer receives top quality service.
General time commitment:
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us in our summer tax clinics that run June - October 2018. Steps to becoming a summer volunteer:
- Attend an info session to learn about the organization, volunteer role, and impact in our community. Info sessions will be held on May 12th (9 am), May 17th (6 pm), and May 22nd (6 pm).
- Complete the required in-person training.
- Volunteer one, 4-hour shift per week from June through August, or twice per month from June - October.
2610 University Ave W.
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Role and responsibilities:
- Review state and federal tax returns completed by volunteer tax preparers using software called TaxSlayer
- Correct any mistakes made by the preparer to ensure accuracy of all returns
- Compile completed return packet to be given back to customer
- Provide support and leadership to other volunteers, answering tax questions as needed
- Work cooperatively with staff and other volunteers to deliver high-quality service to customers
- Strong background in individual income tax required, with knowledge of low-income tax preferred
- High attention to detail
- Ability to provide feedback to other volunteers in a clear and supportive manner
- Experience with Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) preferred
- Enjoy working in a diverse ethnic and socio-economic environment
- Computer proficient
- Tax Law
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training