Prepare + Prosper (P+P) provides free tax assistance and financial services to low income Minnesotans. We need you to help us provide these services to help people move from "getting by" to "getting ahead"!
What will I be doing as an INTAKE SPECIALIST?
The intake specialist provides customer support and service for customers receiving services from P+P. Working closely with the Intake Manager, the Intake Specialist keeps the multi-step process smooth running. The Intake Specialist plays an integral role to ensure a positive experience for P+P customers. Tax knowledge not required!
General time commitment:
We are currently looking for volunteers to help us in our summer tax clinics that run June - October 2018. Steps to becoming a summer volunteer:
- Attend an info session to learn about the organization, volunteer role, and impact in our community. Info sessions will be held on May 12th (9 am), May 17th (6 pm), and May 22nd (6 pm).
- Complete the required in-person training.
- Volunteer one, 4-hour shift per week from June through August, or twice per month from June - October.
2610 University Ave W.
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Role and responsibilities:
- Initiate the customer sign-in process, ensuring that customers meet the basic eligibility requirements for tax services
- Answer customer questions and act as a navigator through the multi-step process
- Assist in the overall operation and flow of the tax clinic
- Go over completed tax return with customers and secure necessary signatures
- Provide the initial and final "P+P friendly face" for customers
- Passion for connecting with people
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to relay information in a clear and direct manner
- Ability to multi task in a sometimes chaotic environment
- Enjoy working in a diverse ethnic and socio-economic environment
- No previous tax experience is necessary!!
- People Skills
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training