The Homework Help Program helps students of all ages (K-adults) in completing homework assignments. Students are matched with a private tutor who assists them in completing homework assignments. The Homework Help Facilitator will oversee the program on a daily basis.
* Maintain an organized, clean, and welcoming learning environment that accommodates students of all ages with varied learning styles and assignments.
* Establish and support consistent behavioral expectations for students and tutors in Homework Help space.
* Manage student behavior, resolve conflicts, and de-escalate students when they act differently than what is expected in Homework Help;
* Work together with Liberty Plaza Resource Center staff, partner staff, and volunteers to model and manage positive social-emotional development and self-regulation.
* Facilitate relationships: between tutors and students participating in Homework Help, with those students and their families, among Liberty Plaza community at large.
* Guide students through assignments and partnering with tutors to support students as needed.
- Literacy / Reading
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- General Education
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Preferably 6-12 hours per week