We invite you to join us in carrying out our mission to empower the community of Blue Island as an After-School tutor. All training is provided free of charge.
Corazón a Corazón welcomes volunteers to tutor grade school children with their homework in our After School Enrichment Program.
Make a difference in the academic achievement of a child!
The After-School Enrichment program is small group tutoring, and is tailored to the children's learning needs. This ranges from homework assistance, especially in reading and math, to individualized lessons in areas where the student struggles with most. We ask for a minimum of 2 sessions per week (3:00 pm-5:00 pm) for 3 months.
All tutors are required to pass a background check.
- Tutor must be able to attend a preliminary interview and a Virtus training session (training is provided).
- Tutor must be able to commit to tutoring for at least two sessions a week for approximately 3 months.
- Tutor must follow established tutorial guidelines and organization rules/regulations
- Tutor must demonstrate positive work ethic characteristics (punctuality, preparedness, and professionalism)
- Tutor must display genuine concern and compassion for students’ learning and self-esteem
To begin application process, please send your resume to Mayra Pimentel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 3 months
- 2 sessions a week