Hospice of Chattanooga- Downtown area
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
56 people are interested
Hospice of Chattanooga strives to offer quality care for patients who are at the end of life. As a volunteer, you can bless our organization with your gifts and talents! We have a variety of different things that you can do to volunteer with Hospice of Chattanooga. We are looking for volunteers who would like to sit in the homes with different patients and provide emotional support whether they are talking to the patient, light house work, meal prepping, reading, or for companionship to give their caregiver a peace of mind while they run errands, and much more!
About Hospice of Chattanooga
4411 Oakwood Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37416, US
"We at Hospice of Chattanooga take the time to listen, honor your choices, and walk with you through life's journey."
What is Hospice?
- Hospice care is about people caring for people with terminal illnesses in a loving, sensitive and personal way that allows patients to spend the final days of their lives with dignity, in their own homes, surrounded by family and friends.
- One fear of the seriously ill is uncontrollable pain. With hospice, medication is available for any patient who has a problem with pain. The goal is to achieve constant control over it, without impairing alertness.
- It recognizes the need of each person to maintain control over his or her own life, as patients and families are included in all decisions related to the care provided.
- Support is provided in the patient's home so the family can remain together in their own familiar environment.
- With the support and symptom management of the hospice team, the patient is usually able to remain at home thoughout the entire illness.
We'll work with your schedule.
100 Chestnut Street #AChattanooga, TN 37402
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Bereavement Support
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training