EXECUTIVE LEVEL BOARD MEMBER POSITIONS
Pets Loyal 2 Vets board members will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan and vision for Pets Loyal 2 Vets. Board members assign tasks to the committees to investigate and then report back to the board.
Pets Loyal 2 Vets executive board members are Ambassadors representing the organization throughout their communities, promoting the organization's mission, goals and are responsible for ensuring Pets Loyal 2 Vets is operated in a responsible and transparent manner while meeting the needs of the community and disabled veterans. Board Members are the visionary and the decision makers for the organization and must clearly understand by accepting a position on the board, "requires measured time, a solid commitment and active participation."
Executive Director/CEO: If you are a veteran with military leadership background, possess a 4 year degree, have experience in the non-profit or corporate world in executive level management, arer semi retired or retired and can bring to the table serious forward thinking financial generating skills, we want to speak with you.
We at Pets Loyal 2 Vets take our positions seriously and because we do, we expect new applicants to possess the same spirit and participation. To be considered by the Executive Board for an open board seat, you must be able to show by way of examples of work, resume, and references what you can bring to the organization that will achieve both personal as well as professional and organizational growth.
You've had a successful past in executive level management or in the non-profit Philenthropic world, so show us what you have done and what you can do for Pets Loyal 2 Vets.
Typically, board members are responsible for:
- The daily management of the business and affairs of the corporation
- Supervise and direct the volunteers at all our events
- Govern Pets Loyal 2 Vets charitable efforts in carrying out its mission using best practices
- Actively participates in the management of the organization and refrains from personal agendas
- Establishes committees and relies upon information, opinions or reports of these committees
- Votes on board actions and abstains where a conflict of interest exists, even if through your employer
- Follow the organization’s governing documents to carry out the organization’s mission and to assure that funds are used for lawful purposes
- Be aware of what the financial records disclose and take appropriate action where needed
- A duty to protect, preserve, invest and manage the corporation’s property and assets confidentially and professionally
- Assist the organization in obtaining adequate resources to enable it to further its charitable mission
- May be responsible for signing organization documents
- Plan and propose committee projects to further its goals and mission
- Develop a strategic vision and organizational goals
- Recruit new board members, volunteers and advisory board members
- Participate on at least one committee
- Promote attendance at Board/Committee meetings
- Prepare agendas and take notes at board meetings
- Refrain from creating drama or power struggles and to always put the organization's mission and veterans first
- Be respectful to fellow board members, veterans and act professional at all times
- Plan and propose committee organization changes
- Settle differences between Committees or volunteers in a professional manner
- 4 year degree in respective field
- 2-5 years minimum experience as an executive level board member in a non-profit or executive level in a corporate level environment
- Posses a high degree of professionalism in both verbal and written communication skills
- Speak at fundraisers, VFW's, American Legions, to private Foundations and corporate sponsors promoting Pets Loyal 2 Vets services
- Actively involved in fundraising, sponsor solicitation, community involvement and promoting the organizations mission and goals
- Be able to show a successful track record as a previous board member or director in a non-profit organization or in the corporate world
- Must be able to devote the necessary time it takes fulfilling duties and obligations and assigned tasks
- Possess a successful track record with verified measured results
- Work closely with fellow board members and committees to achieve desired goals of the organization
- Attend and participate in fund-raising efforts and events
- Attend and prepare for monthly board meetings and provide presentations where needed
- Must be committed to the success of the organization, its mission to veterans and the community while refraining from personal agendas
Do you have experience as a board member, director or possess corporate and military leadership and want to be a part of a worthy cause for Military Veterans in Minnesota? We seek polished individuals with high integrity, excellent work ethics, highly professional with a strong since of envolvement who embrace involvement. Want to help shape our programs, fulfill veterans needs and help place homeless dogs into the hands of needy veterans? Volunteer as an executive level board member with Pets Loyal 2 Vets and help connect Minnesota Veterans with highly trained Minnesota dogs. We serve all military branches and honorably discharged servioce members no matter what era they served, pre and post 911.
If you have no conflicts of interest with other organizations or through your employer and truly want to make a difference, your time spent helping save the life of a dog and fulfilling the animal assisted needs of a disabled Minnesota veteran will impact the needs of both forever.
Executive Board of Director Positions must be a veteran to hold and within 25 miles of Burnsville, Minnesota: May vote on all business matters brought before the board. Open positions we are looking to fill are: The following three positions require that you be a Minnesota Veteran.
- Executive Director/CEO (salary comensurate with experience and annual revenue)
- Vice President
- Executive Director/CEO
- Vice President
- Marketing Director
Help us achieve our goals, save not only the life of a dog but more importantly, the life of a Minnesota veteran and bring your valued skills to this program by connecting Minnesota Veterans with a highly trained dog by volunteering your expertise as a Pets Loyal 2 Vets board member. If you wish to be considered for any seat, you must first apply for that position by clicking the link below or copying it and pasting it into your browser and we will be happy to contact you. http://petsloyal2vets.org/jobs/
* PetsLoyal2Vets.org is an IRS registered 501 (C)(3) non-profit organization.* US Military Veteran preference, VFW & Legion post members and retired military encouraged to apply
- Executive Admin
- Strategic Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 2-5 hours per month depending on position
- Pass a background check, have no conflcits of interest