6 people are interested
In Her Shoes Foundation is looking for Legal Council to provide legal advice and counsel to Executive Director on a range of operational and business issues, to include nonprofit tax law; nonprofit corporate law and governance; charitable contributions, endowments, and trust law; employment law; intellectual property law; insurance law; and other in-house legal issues. He/She will also select and manage all outside legal counsel providing services to In Her Shoes Foundation.
The purpose of IHSF (In Her Shoes Foundation) is to bring women of all ages and backgrounds together; to inspire, connect, educate and support the development and maintenance of a positive and healthy lifestyle. Through four main concepts - inspire, connect, educate, and support - women of In Her Shoes Foundation seek to provide a safe and collaborative environment for all women.
Reporting to: Executive Director
- Maintain communication with department heads and other personnel to ensure appropriate inclusion of legal considerations in management decision-making. Counsel internal volunteers on risk management.
- Draft and review legal documents, including but not limited to sponsorship agreements, licenses, commercial co-venture agreements, consulting contracts, leases, cease and desist letters, complaints, and internal policies and guidance for compliance with federal and state laws.
- Review By-laws, Code of Ethics and other legal documents as needed.
- Review federal lobbying reports and other related documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree in Law required (J.D. preferred)
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience practicing as an attorney, preferably advising non-profit organizations and corporations
- Proven understanding of nonprofit corporate law and governance, employment law, lobbying and litigation matters, contract law, and insurance law
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate with multiple individuals including senior management, business associates, and attorneys.
- Excellent legal skills and judgment including the ability to interpret and explain statues and regulations clearly
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly organized;
- Ability to collaborate effectively and to work well as a member of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- A strong desire to contribute to IHSF’s mission.
We'll work with your schedule.
155 N MICHIGAN AVE STE 9012CHICAGO, IL 60601
- Legal (General)
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours/week