HIGHEST NEED: Weekday Availability. Volunteers are required to be able to commit to a fixed schedule of the same, consistent day each week for no less than six months.
Responsibilities: The Marine Mammal Department maintains two outdoor pinniped exhibits featuring Atlantic harbor seals and Northern fur seals. Volunteers support staff with food preparation and cleaning duties. There are several opportunities throughout the day to observe training sessions. Responsibilities include preparing daily animal diets; scrubbing, disinfecting, and hosing exhibit rockwork; cleaning exhibit windows; vacuuming exhibits and making toys for the animals. To maintain consistence for the animals, there is no hands on contact with the animals in this position.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One consistent day a week for six months
- Rescue and Rehabilitation...
- New England Aquarium live blue...
- Animal Health Laboratory Volunteer
- Visitor Education Volunteer
- Aquarist Volunteer - Quincy...
- Water Quality Analyst Volunteer
- Marine Mammal Dive Volunteer...
- Aquarist Volunteer
- Marine Mammal Volunteer (Weekday...
- Penguin Colony Volunteer