HIGHEST NEED: Weekday Availability. Volunteers are required to be able to commit to a fixed schedule of the same, consistent day each week for no less than six months.
The Rescue and Rehabilitation Program takes responsibility for the collection and care of sick and debilitated sea turtles and seals found along the New England coast. The vast majority of the fall/winter animals are sea turtles. These animals are brought to the New England Aquarium where they are given special care and treatment. Associates provide support for paid staff in all aspects of the program.
Responsibilities: Prepare formula and fish. Tube animals, feed other animals under care in facility. Significant cleaning required. Monitor behavior and health of animals, maintain records. Clean work area and equipment at the end of the day. Follow standard quarantine procedures.
To Apply: Visit serve.neaq.org and create a volunteer account. Once registered you can search and apply for available opportunities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One consistent day a week for six months
- Rescue and Rehabilitation...
- New England Aquarium live blue...
- Animal Health Laboratory Volunteer
- Visitor Education Volunteer
- Aquarist Volunteer - Quincy...
- Water Quality Analyst Volunteer
- Marine Mammal Dive Volunteer...
- Aquarist Volunteer
- Marine Mammal Volunteer (Weekday...
- Penguin Colony Volunteer