HIGHEST NEED: Weekday Availability. Volunteers are required to be able to commit to a fixed schedule of the same, consistent day each week.
Responsibilities: Work in our Quincy Animal Care Center with our rescued sea turtles, various aquarum fishes, and other animals. Collect water samples and assist with the chemical and microbiological analysis of those and other water samples under the supervision of Water Quality Technical staff. Volunteers will be utilizing several techniques to analyze salt and fresh water, including pH meters, spectrophotometers, and titrations.
- Must have a Lab or Vet Tech background or Biology Major.
- All positions must be filled by September 15th 2017. Candidates must be available through January 15th 2018.
To Apply: Visit serve.neaq.org and create a volunteer account. Once registered you can search and apply for available opportunities.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 day week for 6 months
- Rescue and Rehabilitation...
- New England Aquarium live blue...
- Animal Health Laboratory Volunteer
- Visitor Education Volunteer
- Aquarist Volunteer - Quincy...
- Water Quality Analyst Volunteer
- Marine Mammal Dive Volunteer...
- Aquarist Volunteer
- Marine Mammal Volunteer (Weekday...
- Penguin Colony Volunteer