WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereLSS Community Care Center80 E. Hillcrest Dr. #101Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Purpose: The purpose of Donation Procurement serves as support to the LSS Thousand Oaks Office for events and special projects.
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly manner
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with donors
- Sales or fundraising experience is a plus
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, patient and have problem solving abilities
- Communicate with and take direction from the Program Manager and/or Assistant Area Director
- Have a valid driver’s license and insurance
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Lutheran Social Services clients, employees, volunteers, partners, and donors
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
The Donation Procurement volunteer will solicit donations via mail and/or phone calls/in person requests. Follow up with the donation requests and coordinate times to pick up donations and deliver them to the LSS office, event location or storage. Collect donor information and assist with mailing thank you cards.
One-three hours per week in the months leading up to events and special projects and approximately five hours per week in the month before the event.
Support: Training or directions for this position will be provided.
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- See opportunity description