LSS Overnight Shelter Chaperone
WhenFri Dec 01, 2017 - Sat Mar 31, 2018
WhereContact: LSS Community Care Center for detailsThousand Oaks, CA 91360
Purpose: The purpose of the Shelter Overnight Chaperone is to assist with the LSS Winter Shelter Program (December 1-March 31).
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the clients and other volunteers
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, patient and have problem solving abilities
- Critical thinking is required
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of Lutheran Social Services clients, employees, volunteers, partners, and donors
- Able to drive and stay overnight at a shelter location
Arrive to the designated shelter location by 7:30pm (later arrival arrangements can be made as needed). The LSS Winter Shelter utilizes at least two chaperones per night. Light sleepers are preferred in order to monitor the shelter as needed throughout the night. Shelter Overnight Chaperones are to spend the entire night and leave no earlier than 7:00am the next morning. The LSS Program Manager is on call for any questions or problems.
One night from 7:30pm -7:00am the next day.
Training will be provided. The LSS Program Manager is on call for any questions or problems.
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 25
- One night per week overnight 7:30pm-7:00am.