28 people are interested
Share the warmth and love of your furry friend to bring smiles and comfort to others
ORGANIZATION: AVOW HOSPICE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
28 people are interested
Share your love of pets to bring solace to hospice patients, and with Avow kids and families experiencing loss. PAWS volunteers share their loving pets with Avow Kids and hospice patients at the Avow campus and at other long-term care facilities. Pets participating in the program must be certified, and Avow will reimburse volunteers for the cost of certification through Pet Partners or PAWS Assistance Dogs.
Volunteers may also assist with walking and feeding hospice patients' pets.
Requirements for PAWS pet volunteers include:
- Pets must be at least one year of age.
- Current vaccination records must be on file with Avow Volunteer Services, and must be updated annually.
- Pets must be clean and bathed, wearing a name badge and disease-free. If a pet becomes ill at any time , a veterinarian must issue a letter that the pet is healthy and suitable for therapy work.
- Pets must be controlled with a leash at all times. Pinch collars, head halters and electronic collars are not permitted.
- Pets who exhibit any aggressive behavior including growling, snapping, biting, scratching, barking , attacks or attempts to attack a person or animal during a pet visit, will be permanently removed from the program.
About AVOW HOSPICE INC
1095 WHIPPOORWILL LN, NAPLES, FL 34105, US
We create peace of mind by providing compassionate care and support to those who need us.
Avow was founded in 1983 as a non-profit resource for hospice care for people facing chronic or serious illness. Over the years Avow has expanded services to include palliative and bereavement support services for children and adults and has become widely recognized for the quality of compassionate care and support it provides to residents of Southwest Florida.
As a non-profit service provider, Avow relies heavily on volunteers to assist with both patient and non-patient-related activities. Volunteers interested in patient-related assignments conduct companionship visits, music and massage therapy. Volunteers provide support services through bereavement, Avow Kids support, Veterans’ services, and the PAWS activity that uses pet therapy to bring comfort.
Whether you want to give back to the community, develop new skills or make a difference in the lives of people going through life-changing transitions, Avow has a volunteer opportunity for you. We offer a wide variety of volunteering positions for every interest, schedule, experience level and talent set.
Multiple locations Naples, FL 34105
November 15, 2022
- Animal Therapy
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We're flexible and will work with your schedule.
- Volunteer Orientation, COVID vaccination, background check, TB test, Flu shot (during flu season). Pet requirements are listed in the Opportunity Description.